…as Managing Partner
Jill believes financial planning is one of the few professions that can have a positive impact on an individual and their family. She is especially happy when clients are confident and optimistic about their finances because we’ve helped them get organized, identify their current and future goals, and execute the steps to reach those goals.
Jill’s greatest satisfaction occurs when a client says, “Thank you – you’ve really helped!”
Jill feels that she and Brian have built a collaborative team of individuals who share the same values and goals. “We work together to serve our clients, and we have a vested interest in their success.”
…as a financial professional
Jill has earned several professional designations – the most important, Certified Financial Planner™ Professional. Jill is also a:
- Certified Professional Retirement CoachTM
- Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM
- Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM
Jill began her career in the financial planning and investment management industry in 1993. She combined financial planning and investment management to found Financial Connections on January 1, 2000. Over the years, Jill has been:
- Recognized as one of 50 Distinguished Women nationwide by Wealth Manager Magazine for her work with women in the profession.
- Named one of the 25 Top Independent Wealth Advisors in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
- First recipient of FPA (Financial Planning Association) San Francisco Chapter’s Pro Bono Award.
- Past Chairperson of NAPFA (National Association of Professional Financial Advisors) West Region and a member of the National Board.
- Past member of the TD Ameritrade National Advisors’ Panel.
- Past conference chair for PridePlanners™, an organization to educate financial professionals in financial planning for LGBTQ and unmarried people.
- Current member of the TD Ameritrade Presidents Council.
Jill has an MBA in Finance and more than 20 years of experience in cash management, corporate financial planning, and financial analysis. Previous to Financial Connections, she worked at Wells Fargo Bank, Levi Strauss & Company, and GTE Sprint.
…as an educator
Jill has conducted seminars in financial planning and spending in retirement for UC Berkeley employees, adult education classes in Marin County, and seminars in financial planning for LGBTQ and unmarried couples for other professional organizations.
…outside of the office
Jill is a member of the College of Marin’s Financial Advisory Committee. She is also a volunteer for Marin Humane.
She is passionate about her five B’s:
Bonnie, her spouse of over 40 years
Boxing as a workout.